Ignaz Kolisch: The Life and Chess Career Fabrizio Zavatarelli 376 pages | hardback | 63 illustrations | 174 diagrams | 324 games | $75.00 Jefferson: McFarland, 2015 Stefan Löffler I can’t think of a chess personality who enjoyed a more adventurous and prosperous…Read More
Leonid Stein (1934-1973), who died prematurely on this day 43 years ago, was one of the most dynamic attacking players of his generation. Krogius – Stein Kiev 1960 Black to play Stein – Petrosian Moscow 1961 White to play Gligorić – Stein Lvov 1962…Read More
an entertaining, irreverent chess magazine that takes you over to the lighter side with verve and panache
It seems to me that you haven’t quite achieved the manic, off-the-wall style of humour that Informator manages so well, but you run them a pretty good second
In Kingpin, nothing is sacred, and this makes Kingpin such a hit
the gutter press of chess
the ‘Private Eye’ of the chess world
Kingpin is a very, very nice magazine
Both serious and funny, I recommend it to anyone who wants to smile as he reads
The joy of chess is nowhere celebrated to such climactic excesses as in Kingpin
In the chess satire stakes @KingpinEd are masters of the art form … a veritable feast: irony, sarcasm, hyperbole
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 225
- Articles 83
- Back issues 43
- Cheating 20
- Creative chess 79
- Features 179
- FIDE 46
- Front Page 74
- Games 83
- Hack Attack 50
- History scrapbook 116
- Homepage 90
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 115
- Reviews 72
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 36
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 1
Your shopping cart
Latest from Twitter
- Suggestions for more unwanted Christmas gifts welcome. #crapchessbooks t.co/yBasKMO0ai t.co/VTvKvOrQVs • 39 Minutes via Hootsuite Inc.
- Copy-cats. Yuri Averbakh on opening psychology. The World Chess Championship Moscow 85 (1986), p.254 t.co/vWK0FwFzt7 • 2 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Love Garry's books on the world champions. #crapchessbooks t.co/Slk1mNDMJ2 t.co/NbREtVSIk9 • 21 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Grischuk has a book out. #CarlsenCaruana t.co/yBasKMO0ai t.co/c1YnDNsCQq • 22 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Ludicrous Chess Sets by Famous Designers No.42: Zaha Hadid t.co/EVYSSlKeBo • 23 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
Follow @kingpined on twitter.