Samuel Lipschütz: A Life in Chess Stephen Davies 408 pages | hardback | 42 illustrations | 249 games | $65.00 Jefferson: McFarland, 2015 Hans Renette Samuel Lipschütz It does not take much to fire a passion. In his introduction…Read More
Latest in Albert Hodges
It seems to me that you haven’t quite achieved the manic, off-the-wall style of humour that Informator manages so well, but you run them a pretty good second
Both serious and funny, I recommend it to anyone who wants to smile as he reads
Jeremy Silman, Inside Chess
Unpredictable, honest, the funniest
Hugh Myers, The Myers Openings Bulletin
some of the most varied, sometimes most interesting, and certainly least inhibited chess writing available today
an entertaining, irreverent chess magazine that takes you over to the lighter side with verve and panache
Taylor Kingston, ChessCafe
the magazine I most enjoy . . . Gary Lane’s agony column is a must for all chess addicts
Susan Lalic, Your Chess Questions Answered
very, very entertaining . . . some of the back issues of Kingpin were instant classics
Peter Svidler, chess24
Kingpin is often pretty controversial too, with many an allegation or insinuation strewn amongst its pages.
James Plaskett, New Statesman
Its rather coarse satirical manner may not appeal to everyone – just the majority of us who enjoy sharp games and low humour
George Botterill, New Statesman
Scurrilous, funny, sometimes serious, sometimes libellous
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 225
- Articles 83
- Back issues 43
- Cheating 20
- Creative chess 79
- Features 179
- FIDE 46
- Front Page 74
- Games 83
- Hack Attack 50
- History scrapbook 116
- Homepage 90
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 115
- Reviews 72
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 36
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 1
Your shopping cart
Your cart is empty
Latest from Twitter
- World Chess Champion snap of the week. t.co/gtoEeEgDH3 • 11 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- 'the best chess players in the world are "centaurs": amalgamated teams of humans and algorithms' t.co/8Wc60JVj0M • 14 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Antiques Roadshow Inside Chess 1991 (4) 1. t.co/JNSN1cQsNk • 1 Day via Hootsuite Inc.
- 'probably the finest game of the match and one of the most exciting ever seen in a world championship contest' Wint… t.co/P2mEemaA2g • 2 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
- Garry's favourite chess piece. The World Chess Ch Karpov-Kasparov Moscow 1985 (1986), p.146 t.co/r0tz4M8OBU • 2 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
Follow @kingpined on twitter.
You are here Home Albert Hodges