Emil Sutovsky was born in Baku on 19 September 1977. He won the World Junior Chess Championship in 1996 and has represented Israel in eight Olympiads. At the 39th Olympiad in Khanty-Mansiysk in 2010 he achieved the highest tournament performance rating (2895) in the history…Read More
UK: £5.00 Europe: £6.00 RoW: £7.00 The Kingpin Questionnaire Alexander Morozevich A Clash of Opposites Taylor Kingston on Carlos Torre and Norman Whitaker Gary Lane’s Agony Column The Aussie sage has all the answers The Real World Champion Justin Horton on who has…Read More
the magazine I most enjoy . . . Gary Lane’s agony column is a must for all chess addicts
The joy of chess is nowhere celebrated to such climactic excesses as in Kingpin
Utterly irreverent . . . genuine wit . . . good instruction for club players
attractive zany humour
In the chess satire stakes @KingpinEd are masters of the art form … a veritable feast: irony, sarcasm, hyperbole
Please, do people really believe what they read in Kingpin? I am amazed! It’s like taking a satirical show and mistaking it for the news
irreverent and entertaining
unquestionably the funniest chess magazine in the world
those who are unfamiliar with Kingpin are missing out on a real delight: there are many good chess magazines around, but in my opinion Kingpin is the best out there
Kingpin is often pretty controversial too, with many an allegation or insinuation strewn amongst its pages.
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 222
- Articles 87
- Cheating 22
- Creative chess 80
- Features 187
- FIDE 49
- Front Page 87
- Games 84
- Hack Attack 50
- History scrapbook 119
- Homepage 96
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 117
- Reviews 73
- Shop 40
- Back issues 40
- The Penguin Files 37
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 5
Your shopping cart
Latest from Twitter
- Lighthouse keeper plays chess by telegraph, 'Calabuig' (1956) at 26:5-30:35. t.co/juaJZaKT4t t.co/d3xqCxp823 • 3 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Curt Jürgens in Schachnovelle (1960). t.co/XJps0CNSWV • 1 Day via Hootsuite Inc.
- Cesar Romero and Walter Pidgeon on the set of the film 'Julia Misbehaves' (1948). t.co/MjYYFmTDqI • 2 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
- Bread chessmen in a Nazi concentration camp, 1959 film 'Campo Mamula'. t.co/cBw7Df40IK • 3 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
- Puts Simon Armitage to shame. t.co/bxnhrBaUHP • 4 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
Follow @kingpined on twitter.