The Pawn was not impressed at all by Alexandra Kosteniuk’s decision to prostitute the royal game by her appearance in Penthouse. ChessBase helpfully provided a link to the Penthouse website, and as far as the Pawn could see there were plenty of perfectly nice-looking girls…Read More
[its] satirical nature and penchant for sharp games makes it compulsive reading for the average club player
a new kind of whiteness I never thought possible with my old Chess Magazine – and without boiling
the ‘Private Eye’ of the chess world
Please, do people really believe what they read in Kingpin? I am amazed! It’s like taking a satirical show and mistaking it for the news
uses impiety and parody to hew down the conventions of publishing, even including mock testimonials
The joy of chess is nowhere celebrated to such climactic excesses as in Kingpin
Britain’s most entertaining chess magazine
combines an amusing style with solid instruction
I actually paid good money for No.9
sharper than a bone-saw!
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 225
- Articles 84
- Back issues 42
- Cheating 21
- Creative chess 81
- Features 184
- FIDE 48
- Front Page 79
- Games 83
- Hack Attack 50
- History scrapbook 117
- Homepage 92
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 116
- Reviews 73
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 37
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 1
Your shopping cart
Latest from Twitter
- 'Clarity, common sense and elegance.' Saveily Tartakower on the chess style of the French CHESS, Dec. 1948, p.64. t.co/YKhQ1iRAeV • 16 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Tartakower's preparation for #Hastings. Chess Review (March 1946) #war t.co/LnWTMUodhr • 18 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Saveilly Tartakower was born #OTD in 1887. t.co/tOBinKFfLU • 20 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Gift from a thoughtful American colleague. t.co/RxkfXarcJU • 2 Days via Twitter Web Client
- Professional chess is more about points than passion. Bronstein/Smolyan, Chess in the Eighties (1982) t.co/cRTwmZAyCP • 2 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
Follow @kingpined on twitter.