‘The game of chess has never been held in great esteem by the North Americans. Their culture is steeped in deeply anti-intellectual tendencies. They pride themselves in having created the game of poker. It is their national game, springing from a tradition of westward expansion,…Read More
Chris Depasquale reveals the most significant opening novelty of the past 30 years. Author’s note: Under no circumstances is this article to be read by any Americans. If you are an American (or think you might be) please skip to the next article IMMEDIATELY….Read More
the magazine I most enjoy . . . Gary Lane’s agony column is a must for all chess addicts
It seems to me that you haven’t quite achieved the manic, off-the-wall style of humour that Informator manages so well, but you run them a pretty good second
A great English chess favourite
Scurrilous, funny, sometimes serious, sometimes libellous
Kingpin is not a chess magazine in the normal sense of the word
Kingpin is often pretty controversial too, with many an allegation or insinuation strewn amongst its pages.
Both serious and funny, I recommend it to anyone who wants to smile as he reads
een mixture van absolute totale kolder en serieuze schaakinformatie
a must-read for everyone who doesn’t take chess too seriously; it’s especially a must-read for everyone who does take chess seriously
a new kind of whiteness I never thought possible with my old Chess Magazine – and without boiling
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 225
- Articles 84
- Back issues 42
- Cheating 22
- Creative chess 81
- Features 185
- FIDE 49
- Front Page 81
- Games 83
- Hack Attack 50
- History scrapbook 117
- Homepage 93
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 116
- Reviews 74
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 37
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 1
Your shopping cart
Latest from Twitter
- @DavideNastasio Not as far as I know, which is a pity for such an engaging account of a chess pro's life. Adding a… t.co/Abdr8ZnlwL • 23 Hours via Twitter Web Client
- 'A chess player's career isn't plain sailing. I've had difficult periods and occasional doubts; I've thought about… t.co/gGuAYIeZAS • 1 Day via Hootsuite Inc.
- Fwoar! t.co/12INYNUIxb • 1 Day via Hootsuite Inc.
- 'The chess player must have a taste for risk.' (p.183) t.co/0aLHuZypjO • 2 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
- Phone home. Harry Golombek discusses chess eccentrics, back in the days when the Times had a decent chess column. t.co/wW1RSEUHrc • 2 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
Follow @kingpined on twitter.