On the eve of the press conference to announce the Kasparov-Kramnik match, David Levy addressed a remarkable billet-doux to Raymond Keene, his life-long business partner and former brother-in-law. An open letter to Raymond Keene: Raymond, We have known each other for 37 years. We have…Read More
From Grandmaster Tony Miles Sir, I was stunned to read your recent issues casting doubt on the legendary and overwhelming generosity of International Grandmaster Raymond Keene, OBE. I cannot allow such malicious rubbish to go unanswered. No doubt some readers will be quite surprised to…Read More
very, very entertaining
attractive zany humour
In Kingpin, nothing is sacred, and this makes Kingpin such a hit
een mixture van absolute totale kolder en serieuze schaakinformatie
In the chess satire stakes @KingpinEd are masters of the art form … a veritable feast: irony, sarcasm, hyperbole
an entertaining, irreverent chess magazine that takes you over to the lighter side with verve and panache
uses impiety and parody to hew down the conventions of publishing, even including mock testimonials
those who are unfamiliar with Kingpin are missing out on a real delight: there are many good chess magazines around, but in my opinion Kingpin is the best out there
Britain’s most entertaining chess magazine
combines an amusing style with solid instruction
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 225
- Articles 83
- Back issues 43
- Cheating 20
- Creative chess 79
- Features 179
- FIDE 46
- Front Page 74
- Games 83
- Hack Attack 50
- History scrapbook 116
- Homepage 90
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 115
- Reviews 72
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 36
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 1
Your shopping cart
Latest from Twitter
- World Chess Champion snap of the week. t.co/gtoEeEgDH3 • 12 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- 'the best chess players in the world are "centaurs": amalgamated teams of humans and algorithms' t.co/8Wc60JVj0M • 15 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Antiques Roadshow Inside Chess 1991 (4) 1. t.co/JNSN1cQsNk • 1 Day via Hootsuite Inc.
- 'probably the finest game of the match and one of the most exciting ever seen in a world championship contest' Wint… t.co/P2mEemaA2g • 2 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
- Garry's favourite chess piece. The World Chess Ch Karpov-Kasparov Moscow 1985 (1986), p.146 t.co/r0tz4M8OBU • 2 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
Follow @kingpined on twitter.