Jean-René Koch – Neil Carr French U21 Ch, Montpellier, 1987 (Notes by Neil Carr) 1 e4 g6 2 d4 Bg7 3 Nf3 d6 Readers of the last Kingpin will remember (to their cost!) that I was feeling like a right Pirc during the…Read More
Hugh Alexander: my favourite game ‘good judgement rates at least as high in chess as accurate analysis’ Asking someone who has been playing tournament chess for well over thirty years for his favourite game, is rather like asking an ageing Lothario about his favourite girlfriend. He…Read More
very, very entertaining . . . some of the back issues of Kingpin were instant classics
unquestionably the funniest chess magazine in the world
I actually paid good money for No.9
some of the most varied, sometimes most interesting, and certainly least inhibited chess writing available today
combines an amusing style with solid instruction
the gutter press of chess
the magazine I most enjoy . . . Gary Lane’s agony column is a must for all chess addicts
een mixture van absolute totale kolder en serieuze schaakinformatie
Kingpin is often pretty controversial too, with many an allegation or insinuation strewn amongst its pages.
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 225
- Articles 83
- Back issues 43
- Cheating 20
- Creative chess 79
- Features 179
- FIDE 46
- Front Page 74
- Games 83
- Hack Attack 50
- History scrapbook 116
- Homepage 90
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 115
- Reviews 72
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 36
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 1
Your shopping cart
Latest from Twitter
- World Chess Champion snap of the week. t.co/gtoEeEgDH3 • 11 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- 'the best chess players in the world are "centaurs": amalgamated teams of humans and algorithms' t.co/8Wc60JVj0M • 15 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Antiques Roadshow Inside Chess 1991 (4) 1. t.co/JNSN1cQsNk • 1 Day via Hootsuite Inc.
- 'probably the finest game of the match and one of the most exciting ever seen in a world championship contest' Wint… t.co/P2mEemaA2g • 2 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
- Garry's favourite chess piece. The World Chess Ch Karpov-Kasparov Moscow 1985 (1986), p.146 t.co/r0tz4M8OBU • 2 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
Follow @kingpined on twitter.