Jeremy Silman As a child (in conservative San Diego), I recall thinking about Omar Khayyam’s ‘A jug of wine, a loaf of bread and thou.’ Having never imbibed anything other than milk, I couldn’t quite understand what Omar was trying to say. Now we jump…Read More
Chris Depasquale reveals the most significant opening novelty of the past 30 years. Author’s note: Under no circumstances is this article to be read by any Americans. If you are an American (or think you might be) please skip to the next article IMMEDIATELY….Read More
In Kingpin, nothing is sacred, and this makes Kingpin such a hit
Unpredictable, honest, the funniest
one of my favorite magazines
a must-read for everyone who doesn’t take chess too seriously; it’s especially a must-read for everyone who does take chess seriously
It seems to me that you haven’t quite achieved the manic, off-the-wall style of humour that Informator manages so well, but you run them a pretty good second
Utterly irreverent . . . genuine wit . . . good instruction for club players
[its] satirical nature and penchant for sharp games makes it compulsive reading for the average club player
Kingpin is often pretty controversial too, with many an allegation or insinuation strewn amongst its pages.
Scurrilous, funny, sometimes serious, sometimes libellous
very, very entertaining
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 225
- Articles 83
- Back issues 43
- Cheating 20
- Creative chess 79
- Features 179
- FIDE 46
- Front Page 74
- Games 83
- Hack Attack 50
- History scrapbook 116
- Homepage 90
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 115
- Reviews 72
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 36
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 1
Your shopping cart
Latest from Twitter
- ‘Chess is entirely unrelated to the rest of life: from this springs its fragile profundity’ t.co/B8CHBHC54r • 4 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Kasparov v Karpov, 'courtesy Wimpy Hamburgers'. t.co/pAVg8fi0yq • 8 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- The brilliant Leonid Stein was born #OTD in 1934. t.co/uG1vaoIViJ • 10 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- For the ladies. t.co/A5zTFytVYQ • 1 Day via Hootsuite Inc.
- Freelance samurai v state-owned gladiator: #ArthurKoestler on #FischerSpassky t.co/PE1IQDQjkO • 1 Day via Hootsuite Inc.
Follow @kingpined on twitter.