Peter Leko − A Future World Champion? Tibor Karolyi The star of the Lloyd’s Bank Masters tournament last August was none of the 19 Grandmasters nor any of the countless International Masters competing. The player who attracted the greatest attention was an 11-year-old Hungarian lad….Read More
[its] satirical nature and penchant for sharp games makes it compulsive reading for the average club player
Kingpin is often pretty controversial too, with many an allegation or insinuation strewn amongst its pages.
James Plaskett, New Statesman
It seems to me that you haven’t quite achieved the manic, off-the-wall style of humour that Informator manages so well, but you run them a pretty good second
In the chess satire stakes @KingpinEd are masters of the art form … a veritable feast: irony, sarcasm, hyperbole
an entertaining, irreverent chess magazine that takes you over to the lighter side with verve and panache
Taylor Kingston, ChessCafe
In Kingpin, nothing is sacred, and this makes Kingpin such a hit
Utterly irreverent . . . genuine wit . . . good instruction for club players
William Hartston, The Independent
I actually paid good money for No.9
Tim Harding, Sunday Press
Publication of the British magazine Kingpin is always an eagerly-awaited event
Edward Winter, Chess Notes
Its rather coarse satirical manner may not appeal to everyone – just the majority of us who enjoy sharp games and low humour
George Botterill, New Statesman
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 225
- Articles 83
- Back issues 43
- Cheating 20
- Creative chess 79
- Features 179
- FIDE 46
- Front Page 74
- Games 83
- Hack Attack 50
- History scrapbook 116
- Homepage 90
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 115
- Reviews 72
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 36
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 1
Your shopping cart
Your cart is empty
Latest from Twitter
- World Chess Champion snap of the week. t.co/gtoEeEgDH3 • 12 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- 'the best chess players in the world are "centaurs": amalgamated teams of humans and algorithms' t.co/8Wc60JVj0M • 15 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Antiques Roadshow Inside Chess 1991 (4) 1. t.co/JNSN1cQsNk • 1 Day via Hootsuite Inc.
- 'probably the finest game of the match and one of the most exciting ever seen in a world championship contest' Wint… t.co/P2mEemaA2g • 2 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
- Garry's favourite chess piece. The World Chess Ch Karpov-Kasparov Moscow 1985 (1986), p.146 t.co/r0tz4M8OBU • 2 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
Follow @kingpined on twitter.
You are here Home Judit Polgar