FIDE’s controversial decision to allow Iran to host the 2017 Women’s World Chess Championship has sparked a furore in the hushed, cerebral ranks of the game’s fans. In a bold move to silence critics who accuse it of endorsing a regime that enforces gender apartheid, FIDE…Read More
Latest in Kim Kardashian
If more people read this magazine then it would have a higher circulation
Both serious and funny, I recommend it to anyone who wants to smile as he reads
Jeremy Silman, Inside Chess
Its rather coarse satirical manner may not appeal to everyone – just the majority of us who enjoy sharp games and low humour
George Botterill, New Statesman
one of the very few chess publications that call a chess spade a chess spade
an entertaining, irreverent chess magazine that takes you over to the lighter side with verve and panache
Taylor Kingston, ChessCafe
Kingpin is often pretty controversial too, with many an allegation or insinuation strewn amongst its pages.
James Plaskett, New Statesman
In the chess satire stakes @KingpinEd are masters of the art form … a veritable feast: irony, sarcasm, hyperbole
the ‘Private Eye’ of the chess world
attractive zany humour
een mixture van absolute totale kolder en serieuze schaakinformatie
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 225
- Articles 83
- Back issues 43
- Cheating 20
- Creative chess 79
- Features 179
- FIDE 46
- Front Page 74
- Games 83
- Hack Attack 50
- History scrapbook 116
- Homepage 90
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 115
- Reviews 72
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 36
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 1
Your shopping cart
Your cart is empty
Latest from Twitter
- Garry's favourite chess piece. The World Chess Ch Karpov-Kasparov Moscow 1985 (1986), p.146 t.co/r0tz4M8OBU • 1 Hour via Hootsuite Inc.
- Suggestions for more unwanted Christmas gifts welcome. #crapchessbooks t.co/yBasKMO0ai t.co/VTvKvOrQVs • 2 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Copy-cats. Yuri Averbakh on opening psychology. The World Chess Championship Moscow 85 (1986), p.254 t.co/vWK0FwFzt7 • 4 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Love Garry's books on the world champions. #crapchessbooks t.co/Slk1mNDMJ2 t.co/NbREtVSIk9 • 23 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Grischuk has a book out. #CarlsenCaruana t.co/yBasKMO0ai t.co/c1YnDNsCQq • 24 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
Follow @kingpined on twitter.
You are here Home Kim Kardashian