Peter Leko − A Future World Champion? Tibor Karolyi The star of the Lloyd’s Bank Masters tournament last August was none of the 19 Grandmasters nor any of the countless International Masters competing. The player who attracted the greatest attention was an 11-year-old Hungarian lad….Read More
The Grandmaster scowled at the autograph hunter and dutifully scribbled on the ticket. He had just blundered a game away, losing horribly in under 25 moves. That he, a World Championship candidate no less, had crushed his young English opponent in a simultaneous display the…Read More
A great English chess favourite
In the chess satire stakes @KingpinEd are masters of the art form … a veritable feast: irony, sarcasm, hyperbole
Unpredictable, honest, the funniest
the magazine I most enjoy . . . Gary Lane’s agony column is a must for all chess addicts
Publication of the British magazine Kingpin is always an eagerly-awaited event
It seems to me that you haven’t quite achieved the manic, off-the-wall style of humour that Informator manages so well, but you run them a pretty good second
an entertaining, irreverent chess magazine that takes you over to the lighter side with verve and panache
attractive zany humour
combines an amusing style with solid instruction
Kingpin is often pretty controversial too, with many an allegation or insinuation strewn amongst its pages.
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 225
- Articles 83
- Back issues 43
- Cheating 20
- Creative chess 79
- Features 179
- FIDE 46
- Front Page 74
- Games 83
- Hack Attack 50
- History scrapbook 116
- Homepage 90
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 115
- Reviews 72
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 36
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 1
Your shopping cart
Latest from Twitter
- ‘Chess is entirely unrelated to the rest of life: from this springs its fragile profundity’ t.co/B8CHBHC54r • 3 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Kasparov v Karpov, 'courtesy Wimpy Hamburgers'. t.co/pAVg8fi0yq • 7 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- The brilliant Leonid Stein was born #OTD in 1934. t.co/uG1vaoIViJ • 9 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- For the ladies. t.co/A5zTFytVYQ • 1 Day via Hootsuite Inc.
- Freelance samurai v state-owned gladiator: #ArthurKoestler on #FischerSpassky t.co/PE1IQDQjkO • 1 Day via Hootsuite Inc.
Follow @kingpined on twitter.