In the face of bitter opposition a maverick businessman fights a campaign to lead the English Chess Federation. And succeeds. Sounds familiar? As Andrew Paulson spars with his detractors in the bear pit that is the English Chess Forum, he can take heart from…Read More
OUT OF STOCK Kibitzing with the Poisoned Pawn Chemical warfare and the carnally desirable opponent disturb our caustic commentator Gary Lane’s Agony Column More sound advice from the savvy IM Northern Man at the ECF Martin Regan on his campaign to revive…Read More
Scurrilous, funny, sometimes serious, sometimes libellous
those who are unfamiliar with Kingpin are missing out on a real delight: there are many good chess magazines around, but in my opinion Kingpin is the best out there
It seems to me that you haven’t quite achieved the manic, off-the-wall style of humour that Informator manages so well, but you run them a pretty good second
very, very entertaining . . . some of the back issues of Kingpin were instant classics
uses impiety and parody to hew down the conventions of publishing, even including mock testimonials
Kingpin is not a chess magazine in the normal sense of the word
some of the most varied, sometimes most interesting, and certainly least inhibited chess writing available today
a new kind of whiteness I never thought possible with my old Chess Magazine – and without boiling
In Kingpin, nothing is sacred, and this makes Kingpin such a hit
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 225
- Articles 83
- Back issues 43
- Cheating 20
- Creative chess 79
- Features 179
- FIDE 46
- Front Page 74
- Games 83
- Hack Attack 50
- History scrapbook 116
- Homepage 90
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 115
- Reviews 72
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 36
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 1
Your shopping cart
Latest from Twitter
- World Chess Champion snap of the week. t.co/gtoEeEgDH3 • 11 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- 'the best chess players in the world are "centaurs": amalgamated teams of humans and algorithms' t.co/8Wc60JVj0M • 15 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Antiques Roadshow Inside Chess 1991 (4) 1. t.co/JNSN1cQsNk • 1 Day via Hootsuite Inc.
- 'probably the finest game of the match and one of the most exciting ever seen in a world championship contest' Wint… t.co/P2mEemaA2g • 2 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
- Garry's favourite chess piece. The World Chess Ch Karpov-Kasparov Moscow 1985 (1986), p.146 t.co/r0tz4M8OBU • 2 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
Follow @kingpined on twitter.