What’s New with Arimaa? In an earlier articlea I introduced readers to Arimaa, a recently invented and hitherto almost unknown chess variant. I argued that Arimaa has a comparable beauty and complexity to chess, but a much higher potential (given the lengthy history and extensive…Read More
Andy Lewis A common Arimaa starting position Anyone for a variation on chess? Is chess played out? This concern has been voiced periodically over the history of the game, and the challenges has never been more profound: over-refinement of opening-theory; perfection of endgame technique;…Read More
a new kind of whiteness I never thought possible with my old Chess Magazine – and without boiling
a must-read for everyone who doesn’t take chess too seriously; it’s especially a must-read for everyone who does take chess seriously
Kingpin is not a chess magazine in the normal sense of the word
Kingpin is often pretty controversial too, with many an allegation or insinuation strewn amongst its pages.
In the chess satire stakes @KingpinEd are masters of the art form … a veritable feast: irony, sarcasm, hyperbole
Both serious and funny, I recommend it to anyone who wants to smile as he reads
The joy of chess is nowhere celebrated to such climactic excesses as in Kingpin
I actually paid good money for No.9
the magazine I most enjoy . . . Gary Lane’s agony column is a must for all chess addicts
Scurrilous, funny, sometimes serious, sometimes libellous
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 225
- Articles 83
- Back issues 43
- Cheating 20
- Creative chess 79
- Features 179
- FIDE 46
- Front Page 74
- Games 83
- Hack Attack 50
- History scrapbook 116
- Homepage 90
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 115
- Reviews 72
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 36
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 1
Your shopping cart
Latest from Twitter
- ‘Chess is entirely unrelated to the rest of life: from this springs its fragile profundity’ t.co/B8CHBHC54r • 3 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Kasparov v Karpov, 'courtesy Wimpy Hamburgers'. t.co/pAVg8fi0yq • 7 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- The brilliant Leonid Stein was born #OTD in 1934. t.co/uG1vaoIViJ • 9 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- For the ladies. t.co/A5zTFytVYQ • 1 Day via Hootsuite Inc.
- Freelance samurai v state-owned gladiator: #ArthurKoestler on #FischerSpassky t.co/PE1IQDQjkO • 1 Day via Hootsuite Inc.
Follow @kingpined on twitter.