Bruno Carlier – Neil Carr Guernsey, 1986 (Notes by Neil Carr) 1 e4 g6 2 d4 Bg7 3 Nc3 d6 4 Nf3 Nf6 5 h3 O-O 6 Be3 Nc6!? A common move for Black in this position is 6…b6, and after 7…Read More
Neil Carr wrote some funny articles for Kingpin. His dynamic style of play, breezy sense of humour and fondness for excruciating wordplay made him an ideal contributor. This turbulent game appeared in Kingpin 11. The dubious honour of having contributed more to this section of Kingpin…Read More
Britain’s most entertaining chess magazine
Kingpin is not a chess magazine in the normal sense of the word
Please, do people really believe what they read in Kingpin? I am amazed! It’s like taking a satirical show and mistaking it for the news
an entertaining, irreverent chess magazine that takes you over to the lighter side with verve and panache
een mixture van absolute totale kolder en serieuze schaakinformatie
unquestionably the funniest chess magazine in the world
Kingpin is often pretty controversial too, with many an allegation or insinuation strewn amongst its pages.
The joy of chess is nowhere celebrated to such climactic excesses as in Kingpin
I actually paid good money for No.9
Publication of the British magazine Kingpin is always an eagerly-awaited event
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 225
- Articles 83
- Back issues 43
- Cheating 20
- Creative chess 79
- Features 179
- FIDE 46
- Front Page 74
- Games 83
- Hack Attack 50
- History scrapbook 116
- Homepage 90
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 115
- Reviews 72
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 36
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 1
Your shopping cart
Latest from Twitter
- Garry's favourite chess piece. The World Chess Ch Karpov-Kasparov Moscow 1985 (1986), p.146 t.co/r0tz4M8OBU • 49 Minutes via Hootsuite Inc.
- Suggestions for more unwanted Christmas gifts welcome. #crapchessbooks t.co/yBasKMO0ai t.co/VTvKvOrQVs • 2 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Copy-cats. Yuri Averbakh on opening psychology. The World Chess Championship Moscow 85 (1986), p.254 t.co/vWK0FwFzt7 • 3 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Love Garry's books on the world champions. #crapchessbooks t.co/Slk1mNDMJ2 t.co/NbREtVSIk9 • 22 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Grischuk has a book out. #CarlsenCaruana t.co/yBasKMO0ai t.co/c1YnDNsCQq • 23 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
Follow @kingpined on twitter.