Part 2 : Bayswater – Tales from the Crypt Jimmy Adams At the beginning of the 70s I joined the Bayswater club, holed up in a long narrow side section of a Serbian Orthodox church quite near to Notting Hill in West London….Read More
Part 1: A memorable introduction Jimmy Adams I was an eleven-year-old chess novice and had recently joined the Islington club, which met on Friday nights in the lecture room of a library further down the road from where I lived in north London. The…Read More
Its rather coarse satirical manner may not appeal to everyone – just the majority of us who enjoy sharp games and low humour
een mixture van absolute totale kolder en serieuze schaakinformatie
Unpredictable, honest, the funniest
irreverent and entertaining
The joy of chess is nowhere celebrated to such climactic excesses as in Kingpin
If more people read this magazine then it would have a higher circulation
leaves my game shiny, manageable, natural looking
Scurrilous, funny, sometimes serious, sometimes libellous
Publication of the British magazine Kingpin is always an eagerly-awaited event
very, very entertaining . . . some of the back issues of Kingpin were instant classics
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 225
- Articles 83
- Back issues 43
- Cheating 20
- Creative chess 79
- Features 179
- FIDE 46
- Front Page 74
- Games 83
- Hack Attack 50
- History scrapbook 116
- Homepage 90
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 115
- Reviews 72
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 36
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 1
Your shopping cart
Latest from Twitter
- Suggestions for more unwanted Christmas gifts welcome. #crapchessbooks t.co/yBasKMO0ai t.co/VTvKvOrQVs • 47 Minutes via Hootsuite Inc.
- Copy-cats. Yuri Averbakh on opening psychology. The World Chess Championship Moscow 85 (1986), p.254 t.co/vWK0FwFzt7 • 2 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Love Garry's books on the world champions. #crapchessbooks t.co/Slk1mNDMJ2 t.co/NbREtVSIk9 • 21 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Grischuk has a book out. #CarlsenCaruana t.co/yBasKMO0ai t.co/c1YnDNsCQq • 22 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Ludicrous Chess Sets by Famous Designers No.42: Zaha Hadid t.co/EVYSSlKeBo • 23 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
Follow @kingpined on twitter.