Peter Leko − A Future World Champion? Tibor Karolyi The star of the Lloyd’s Bank Masters tournament last August was none of the 19 Grandmasters nor any of the countless International Masters competing. The player who attracted the greatest attention was an 11-year-old Hungarian lad….Read More
OUT OF STOCK The Kingpin Questionnaire GM Nigel Short Winning with the Closed Sicilian IM Andrew Martin Reviews The Lloyds Bank Masters 1991 IM Malcolm Pein Is There Life after the British Chess Explosion? IM Nigel Davies Where are they Now? Great Swindles of…Read More
very, very entertaining . . . some of the back issues of Kingpin were instant classics
Kingpin is not a chess magazine in the normal sense of the word
Aside from being funny, Kingpin is often pretty controversial too, with many an allegation or insinuation strewn amongst its pages
[its] satirical nature and penchant for sharp games makes it compulsive reading for the average club player
Kingpin is a very, very nice magazine
the magazine I most enjoy . . . Gary Lane’s agony column is a must for all chess addicts
Publication of the British magazine Kingpin is always an eagerly-awaited event
In Kingpin, nothing is sacred, and this makes Kingpin such a hit
combines an amusing style with solid instruction
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 225
- Articles 83
- Back issues 43
- Cheating 20
- Creative chess 79
- Features 179
- FIDE 46
- Front Page 74
- Games 83
- Hack Attack 50
- History scrapbook 116
- Homepage 90
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 115
- Reviews 72
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 36
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 1
Your shopping cart
Latest from Twitter
- World Chess Champion snap of the week. t.co/gtoEeEgDH3 • 12 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- 'the best chess players in the world are "centaurs": amalgamated teams of humans and algorithms' t.co/8Wc60JVj0M • 15 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Antiques Roadshow Inside Chess 1991 (4) 1. t.co/JNSN1cQsNk • 1 Day via Hootsuite Inc.
- 'probably the finest game of the match and one of the most exciting ever seen in a world championship contest' Wint… t.co/P2mEemaA2g • 2 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
- Garry's favourite chess piece. The World Chess Ch Karpov-Kasparov Moscow 1985 (1986), p.146 t.co/r0tz4M8OBU • 2 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
Follow @kingpined on twitter.