‘. . . chess is a difficult game. If it were less difficult it would not be so much fun . . . . . . what most captures my imagination and arouses my admiration is neither the perfect technique nor the stunning combinative…Read More
Latest in Wolfgang Heidenfeld
The joy of chess is nowhere celebrated to such climactic excesses as in Kingpin
William Hartston, The Independent
Its rather coarse satirical manner may not appeal to everyone – just the majority of us who enjoy sharp games and low humour
George Botterill, New Statesman
leaves my game shiny, manageable, natural looking
Publication of the British magazine Kingpin is always an eagerly-awaited event
Edward Winter, Chess Notes
Britain’s most entertaining chess magazine
Scotland on Sunday
those who are unfamiliar with Kingpin are missing out on a real delight: there are many good chess magazines around, but in my opinion Kingpin is the best out there
John Emms, The Survival Guide to Competitive Chess
Kingpin is not a chess magazine in the normal sense of the word
Luke McShane, New In Chess
the ‘Private Eye’ of the chess world
Kingpin is often pretty controversial too, with many an allegation or insinuation strewn amongst its pages.
James Plaskett, New Statesman
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 225
- Articles 83
- Back issues 43
- Cheating 20
- Creative chess 79
- Features 179
- FIDE 46
- Front Page 74
- Games 83
- Hack Attack 50
- History scrapbook 116
- Homepage 90
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 115
- Reviews 72
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 36
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 1
Your shopping cart
Your cart is empty
Latest from Twitter
- Garry's favourite chess piece. The World Chess Ch Karpov-Kasparov Moscow 1985 (1986), p.146 t.co/r0tz4M8OBU • 1 Hour via Hootsuite Inc.
- Suggestions for more unwanted Christmas gifts welcome. #crapchessbooks t.co/yBasKMO0ai t.co/VTvKvOrQVs • 2 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Copy-cats. Yuri Averbakh on opening psychology. The World Chess Championship Moscow 85 (1986), p.254 t.co/vWK0FwFzt7 • 4 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Love Garry's books on the world champions. #crapchessbooks t.co/Slk1mNDMJ2 t.co/NbREtVSIk9 • 23 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Grischuk has a book out. #CarlsenCaruana t.co/yBasKMO0ai t.co/c1YnDNsCQq • 24 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
Follow @kingpined on twitter.
You are here Home Wolfgang Heidenfeld