Hugh Alexander: my favourite game ‘good judgement rates at least as high in chess as accurate analysis’ Asking someone who has been playing tournament chess for well over thirty years for his favourite game, is rather like asking an ageing Lothario about his favourite girlfriend. He…Read More
Former British Champion Brian Eley gained notoriety by absconding while on police bail relating to an investigation into paedophilic activities. Brian enjoys the distinction of being the only British Chess Champion to appear on the British television programme Crimewatch. Here he breaks 20 years’ silence…Read More
sharper than a bone-saw!
Please, do people really believe what they read in Kingpin? I am amazed! It’s like taking a satirical show and mistaking it for the news
Kingpin is not a chess magazine in the normal sense of the word
leaves my game shiny, manageable, natural looking
Publication of the British magazine Kingpin is always an eagerly-awaited event
those who are unfamiliar with Kingpin are missing out on a real delight: there are many good chess magazines around, but in my opinion Kingpin is the best out there
een mixture van absolute totale kolder en serieuze schaakinformatie
unquestionably the funniest chess magazine in the world
It seems to me that you haven’t quite achieved the manic, off-the-wall style of humour that Informator manages so well, but you run them a pretty good second
very, very entertaining
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 225
- Articles 97
- Back issues 48
- Cheating 25
- Creative chess 91
- Features 213
- FIDE 49
- Front Page 110
- Games 88
- Hack Attack 54
- History scrapbook 134
- Homepage 110
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 129
- Reviews 90
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 38
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 3
Your shopping cart
Latest from Twitter
- Meet Alex Hammond, chess piece craftsman. The film's narrator might be Miles Chalmondley-Warner @TheFastShow1… t.co/PS099O5Nxv • 4 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Film of Tal crowned World Chess Champion in 1960. t.co/yVq67VbWot t.co/VriJxRMTlx • 1 Day via Hootsuite Inc.
- Match brochure for Kasparov v Short, London 1993. t.co/FywEzKIdie • 2 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
- What it takes to become world chess champion. t.co/NPgHrInBVi • 2 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
- Amos Burn died on this day in 1925. He is the subject of a fine biography. t.co/YiSRU62PjU t.co/CDulUUlIsw • 2 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
Follow @kingpined on twitter.