CORRESPONDENCE B.H. WOOD, Esq., CHESS. Dear Wood, There is one aspect of Dr. Alekhine’s character which may come as a surprise to chess players generally, for in that respect he has not been very widely advertised, that of kindness and readiness to help. In 1938…Read More
October 6, 2019
CORRESPONDENCE B.H. WOOD, Esq., CHESS. Dear Wood, There is one aspect of Dr. Alekhine’s character which may come as a surprise to chess players generally, for in that respect he has not been very widely advertised, that of kindness and readiness to help. In 1938...
September 16, 2019
Louis Paulsen A Chess Biography with 719 Games Hans Renette 448 pages | hardback | 108 illustrations | $75.00 Jefferson: McFarland, 2019 Jonathan Hinton Author Hans Renette has established himself as a leading chess historian with the publication of his immense 2016 biography of...
June 9, 2019
In a recent Perpetual Chess Podcast the chess writer and translator Douglas Griffin pointed out how much fine chess literature is waiting to be translated into English; most of it is in Russian, as you might expect. Griffin has been mining Soviet chess archives for...
unquestionably the funniest chess magazine in the world
the ‘Private Eye’ of the chess world
some of the most varied, sometimes most interesting, and certainly least inhibited chess writing available today
I actually paid good money for No.9
Tim Harding, Sunday Press
Aside from being funny, Kingpin is often pretty controversial too, with many an allegation or insinuation strewn amongst its pages
James Plaskett, New Statesman
[its] satirical nature and penchant for sharp games makes it compulsive reading for the average club player
one of the very few chess publications that call a chess spade a chess spade
irreverent and entertaining
a new kind of whiteness I never thought possible with my old Chess Magazine – and without boiling
een mixture van absolute totale kolder en serieuze schaakinformatie
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 225
- Articles 90
- Back issues 44
- Cheating 23
- Creative chess 84
- Features 193
- FIDE 49
- Front Page 92
- Games 84
- Hack Attack 51
- History scrapbook 124
- Homepage 100
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 120
- Reviews 78
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 37
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 20
Your shopping cart
Your cart is empty
Latest from Twitter
- 'This reviewer can claim to have derived more entertainment from "Chess Secrets" than any other chess book, and in… t.co/tvv1MBMOYb • 14 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- RT @PHChess: " I never had a trainer, and for all that I have achieved, I have myself to thank" Bent Larsen. t.co/EJeobsfdnv • 17 Hours via Twitter for iPad
- Larsen on Larsen t.co/ZQl9eTEub8 • 17 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- 'a player of great stereotype' Korchnoi on Tal t.co/2sg4JQB7Xw • 2 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
- RT @ejhchess: Anybody reading this may also be interested in The Brain Trust (full text and footnotes in link). t.co/aUIBJVqCVc htt… • 2 Days via Twitter Web App
Follow @kingpined on twitter.