The 7th London Chess Conference Sarah Hurst When I heard that the theme of this year’s London Chess Conference was going to be ‘Chess and Female Empowerment,’ I wanted to be there. I didn’t know what chess and female empowerment was, exactly, but it sounded…Read More
In the face of bitter opposition a maverick businessman fights a campaign to lead the English Chess Federation. And succeeds. Sounds familiar? As Andrew Paulson spars with his detractors in the bear pit that is the English Chess Forum, he can take heart from…Read More
Kingpin is not a chess magazine in the normal sense of the word
sharper than a bone-saw!
It seems to me that you haven’t quite achieved the manic, off-the-wall style of humour that Informator manages so well, but you run them a pretty good second
unquestionably the funniest chess magazine in the world
Its rather coarse satirical manner may not appeal to everyone – just the majority of us who enjoy sharp games and low humour
Kingpin is often pretty controversial too, with many an allegation or insinuation strewn amongst its pages.
the magazine I most enjoy . . . Gary Lane’s agony column is a must for all chess addicts
A great English chess favourite
a new kind of whiteness I never thought possible with my old Chess Magazine – and without boiling
Please, do people really believe what they read in Kingpin? I am amazed! It’s like taking a satirical show and mistaking it for the news
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 224
- Articles 97
- Back issues 46
- Cheating 25
- Creative chess 87
- Features 204
- FIDE 49
- Front Page 103
- Games 85
- Hack Attack 51
- History scrapbook 129
- Homepage 105
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 123
- Reviews 84
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 38
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 4
Your shopping cart
Latest from Twitter
- Please can we make them mandatory attire at all UK chess events (when they resume)? #classarticle @ecfchess t.co/TYpx4tHXNL • 49 Minutes via Hootsuite Inc.
- Things you never see on Antiques Roadshow. t.co/QuNPqkIrWf • 2 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Chess is a game of chance. t.co/gFMedOwYDD t.co/DkRc5ZBBSM • 23 Hours via Twitter Web App
- Grandmaster pic of the week. t.co/14CSaQmDMj • 24 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- RT @GMJuditPolgar: I always admired Ennio Morricone’s work and passion. I was fortunate to meet him, he challenged me in 2 rapid games in 2… • 1 Day via Twitter Web App
Follow @kingpined on twitter.