GIGGLESWICK Arkell, K.C. Avni, A. Fry, S. Hartston, W.R. Lane, G.W. Miles, A.J. Seirawan, Y. Tartakower, S. GORING Giddins, S. Horton, E.J. Hurst, S. Urcan, O.G. Winter, E.G. GREAT HAM Ashley, M. HOPE END Kasparov, G.K. Leong, I. Mooi, C.J….Read More
Maurice (‘More-Reese’) Ashley’s commentary style is not everyone’s cup of tea. If his pants-on-fire delivery seems better suited to boxing than chess, then that’s the whole point. But hose him down and he’s a decent interviewer, if more Piers Morgan than John Freeman. He’s the Morgan…Read More
It seems to me that you haven’t quite achieved the manic, off-the-wall style of humour that Informator manages so well, but you run them a pretty good second
een mixture van absolute totale kolder en serieuze schaakinformatie
sharper than a bone-saw!
Please, do people really believe what they read in Kingpin? I am amazed! It’s like taking a satirical show and mistaking it for the news
A great English chess favourite
Publication of the British magazine Kingpin is always an eagerly-awaited event
If more people read this magazine then it would have a higher circulation
Britain’s most entertaining chess magazine
Its rather coarse satirical manner may not appeal to everyone – just the majority of us who enjoy sharp games and low humour
leaves my game shiny, manageable, natural looking
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 224
- Articles 97
- Back issues 46
- Cheating 25
- Creative chess 87
- Features 204
- FIDE 49
- Front Page 103
- Games 85
- Hack Attack 51
- History scrapbook 129
- Homepage 105
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 123
- Reviews 84
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 38
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 4
Your shopping cart
Latest from Twitter
- 'He plays like a very nice cat' Boris Spassky on Tigran Petrosian who died on this day in 1984. (Siegen Chess Olym… t.co/PLbdJtotha • 50 Minutes via Hootsuite Inc.
- One of the great games collections. Tigran Petrosian (1929-1984) died on this day 36 years ago. t.co/SDfDGGCNC0 • 2 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- What a pudding. t.co/nxXBZSYctJ • 3 Days via Twitter Web App
- ‘Among tournament masters, Marshall has had few superiors, and, as to style, has clearly been in a class of his own… t.co/RaX2O4tpiO • 3 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
- Frank Marshall was born on this day in 1887. CHESS (Feb 1945) t.co/9dBsgPND1a • 3 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
Follow @kingpined on twitter.