See FIDE’s website for more details.
leaves my game shiny, manageable, natural looking
Scurrilous, funny, sometimes serious, sometimes libellous
Its rather coarse satirical manner may not appeal to everyone – just the majority of us who enjoy sharp games and low humour
George Botterill, New Statesman
Kingpin is often pretty controversial too, with many an allegation or insinuation strewn amongst its pages.
James Plaskett, New Statesman
In Kingpin, nothing is sacred, and this makes Kingpin such a hit
Publication of the British magazine Kingpin is always an eagerly-awaited event
Edward Winter, Chess Notes
The joy of chess is nowhere celebrated to such climactic excesses as in Kingpin
William Hartston, The Independent
Kingpin is not a chess magazine in the normal sense of the word
Luke McShane, New In Chess
[its] satirical nature and penchant for sharp games makes it compulsive reading for the average club player
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 227
- Articles 82
- Back issues 40
- Cheating 20
- Creative chess 79
- Features 177
- FIDE 44
- Front Page 71
- Games 83
- Hack Attack 50
- History scrapbook 115
- Homepage 87
- Interviews 39
- Kirsan 41
- Letters 8
- Nosher 8
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 113
- Reviews 72
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 36
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 1
Your shopping cart
Your cart is empty
Latest from Twitter
- @Jonathan_Rowson In the section 'My Best Games of Chess, 1924-1937'. • 12 Hours via Twitter Web Client
- @Jonathan_Rowson pp.130-133. • 13 Hours via Twitter Web Client
- Tartakower used this game to illustrate the 'clarity, common sense and elegance' of French chess players. 18 Bd1!,… t.co/Yj322ZhwPt • 17 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- 'Clarity, common sense and elegance.' Saveily Tartakower on the chess style of the French CHESS, Dec. 1948, p.64. t.co/8547ZKuyE2 • 20 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
- Vladimir Simagin died on this day in 1968. One of the great chess eccentrics, according to Harry Golombek In his Ti… t.co/KmgMvjucvQ • 22 Hours via Hootsuite Inc.
Follow @kingpined on twitter.