‘Men and women’s brains are hard-wired very differently, so why should they function in the same way? I don’t have the slightest problem in acknowledging that my wife possesses a much higher degree of emotional intelligence than I do. Likewise, she doesn’t feel embarrassed…Read More
‘Games are the opposite of human contact . . . During their game, chess players are “incommunicado”; they are imprisoned. What is going on in their heads is narcissistic self-gratification with a minimum of objective reality, a wordless sniffing and grabbing in a bottomless pit….Read More
In Kingpin, nothing is sacred, and this makes Kingpin such a hit
one of my favorite magazines
Kingpin is often pretty controversial too, with many an allegation or insinuation strewn amongst its pages.
Publication of the British magazine Kingpin is always an eagerly-awaited event
Aside from being funny, Kingpin is often pretty controversial too, with many an allegation or insinuation strewn amongst its pages
the magazine I most enjoy . . . Gary Lane’s agony column is a must for all chess addicts
Its rather coarse satirical manner may not appeal to everyone – just the majority of us who enjoy sharp games and low humour
some of the most varied, sometimes most interesting, and certainly least inhibited chess writing available today
I actually paid good money for No.9
- 10 Seconds with 7
- About Us 1
- Archive 225
- Articles 84
- Back issues 42
- Cheating 21
- Creative chess 81
- Features 184
- FIDE 48
- Front Page 79
- Games 83
- Hack Attack 50
- History scrapbook 117
- Homepage 92
- Interviews 40
- Kirsan 43
- Letters 9
- Nosher 10
- Private Eye 4
- Quotes 116
- Reviews 73
- Shop 29
- The Penguin Files 37
- The Poisoned Pawn 6
- Uncategorized 1
Your shopping cart
Latest from Twitter
- 'Clarity, common sense and elegance.' Saveily Tartakower on the chess style of the French CHESS, Dec. 1948, p.64. t.co/YKhQ1iRAeV • 1 Day via Hootsuite Inc.
- Tartakower's preparation for #Hastings. Chess Review (March 1946) #war t.co/LnWTMUodhr • 1 Day via Hootsuite Inc.
- Saveilly Tartakower was born #OTD in 1887. t.co/tOBinKFfLU • 1 Day via Hootsuite Inc.
- Gift from a thoughtful American colleague. t.co/RxkfXarcJU • 2 Days via Twitter Web Client
- Professional chess is more about points than passion. Bronstein/Smolyan, Chess in the Eighties (1982) t.co/cRTwmZAyCP • 3 Days via Hootsuite Inc.
Follow @kingpined on twitter.